Monday, August 4, 2008

Darling Daughter


It seems just yesterday I held you in my arms,

Wanting to protect you from all the world harms.

Your eyes so blue, your smile so bright,

I prayed to God you'd grow up right.


And now that you've grown, moved out on your own

I want you to know you're not alone.

You are my joy, my little girl

making a life out in the world


Mommy's never far, always right here

I love you more than ever,

You're mommy's little dear.


Happy Birthday Christine!




4 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Christine!

Anonymous said...

that was a good poem :) I suck at rhyming...lol

Even though I've known you my whole life, I feel like I'm just now getting to know you, as a person, through reading your blog. I'm glad you started writing, please keep it up =D

lots of love <3

Anonymous said...

Aw man, you just embarrassed me in front of the ENTIRE INTERNET. I hope you're proud of yourself. :|

Love you, Mommy. <3

Amy Plumb said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter.